- November 30th: All Applications are Due
- December 1st: Selection of Chefs and Menu item
- December 4th: ACFNO Christmas Party, location TBD
- April 9th, 2019: Best Chefs of Louisiana at the UNO Ballroom, University Center**
**Map for loading and parking to be sent at a later date.
Package Of Awards
- Named in event advertisements and social media promotions
- Bio and photo in video loop at event
- Best Chef Award
- Best of show featured in Louisiana Kitchen and Culture magazine
- Introduction to the Louisiana Public
- Points toward Louisiana Chefs Hall of Fame
Chef Prizes & Awards
- Chefs will be presented an award
- Best Chef Legends will be awarded a special medal
- People’s Choice Award: All guests will be given a voting ticket. They will be able to vote for their favorite dish/chef that evening. The People’s Choice award will be honored at the event with a Cash Prize of $1,000 and will be featured in Louisiana Kitchen and Culture magazine
- Chef’s with the best station set-up will be honored as well. A committee of ACFNO Board members will walk through the stations @ 5:30pm. The best station set-up will be honored at the event with a Cash Prize $500. A Louisiana theme is suggested for the station set-up.
Chef Needs and Responsibilities
- Chefs must complete on-line application by November 30, 2018 to be considered for the class of 2019.
- Submit three (3) proposed menu items and recipes for the Best Chefs committee to choose.
- The BCE committee will email the chosen menu item to all the chefs for the event by
January 10, 2019.
- Chefs can begin to set up their stations by 2 p.m. on April 9, 2019 at the University of New Orleans Ballroom located in the University Center. ***Note new location***
- Chefs must prepare 350 / 3-ounce portions of their dish.
- Chefs may decorate their stations as they desire. One table and white table cloth will be provided by venue. (Professional appearance with a Louisiana theme is requested.)
- Signage for table should be decorated with company and property logo. ACFNO will provide one sign with the menu item chosen by the committee.
- Portable butane burners are allowed and, if used, the chef must supply a portable fire extinguisher. A balcony is available if the chef chooses to use charcoal.
- A maximum of two (2) assistants are allowed to assist each Chef. ACFNO will provide additional assistants as needed if you request for additional help three weeks prior to the event.
- We strongly encourage chefs to spend as much time with the public / attendees as possible, taking photos, signing autographs, etc.
- We encourage Chefs to promote their restaurants & themselves during the event.
- Chefs should bring copies of their recipes for the public.
- Assistants will be available to help Chefs coordinate their station set-up at 2 p.m.
- All Chefs need to check in at arrival. Doors will open at 2 p.m.
Chefs will be asked at arrival if they have the following:
- 350 / 3-ounce portions; all foods must follow ServSafe temperature safe zones
- 350 Plates or service vessels
- 350 proper utensils
- Verification that food being served corresponds to what was selected by the ACFNO Best Chefs Committee
- Printed recipes
- Correct chafing dishes or adequate heating/cooling elements to keep products safe during the course of the evening
Chefs and their products must be ready to serve by no later than 5:30pm that evening. 6:00-7:00pm will be a VIP / Media session.
At check-in, chefs will be issued ACFNO Best Chefs 2019 Jackets to be worn during the event.