American Culinary Federation New Orleans Chapter Agenda
- Call to Order and Welcome by Chef Leon West, President, at 4:03.
- Pledge of Allegiance was recited by all.
- Culinarians Code – Chef Ruth Varisco, CCE, CEPC read the Culinarians Code.
- Attendance – Mary Bartholomew, Tom Beckmann, Leon West, Matt Guillory, T Walden, Ruth Varisco, Elpidio, Ron Iafrate, Frank Scalfani, Marcus Bankston, Jon Petrie, Mark Springfloat, Kevin Belton, Chris Hayes, Breyze Vieira, Ricky Abide, Anastasia Joyner.
- Reading and Approval of Minutes – Dr. Mary Bartholomew, CCE, read the minutes. They were accepted – by 1st T. Walden, and 2nd Marcus Bankston, approved unanimously.
Best Chefs of Louisiana 2019
- Chef Leon has ordered cups and deliverables. We need to buy bus tubs for white wine. T has 5 and he has ice scoops.
- Volunteers – 15 for chefs’ assistance and they need to report at 3 pm. Nunez students will report at 3 p.m. and Mark has 4 or 5 student volunteers.
- We need a crew on Monday to help set up the ballroom.
- There will be a total of 6 bars; T has 2 to serve beer and wine.
- Awards delivered Tuesday. Laura is set with auction table.
- Kevin and Eric are MC’s and they start at 6 p.m.
- Jon will show chefs to assigned tables. Tom has a hand stamp for attendees.
- We will set up Swag bags for chefs at 9 am in ballroom.
- UNO will set up signs for directions and parking.
- Tom asked that Jay be nailed down to set up Square for payments.
- Graphics of the Save the Date card, as a full screen, are to be sent to all stations.
- Ron made a motion to have membership table at the event that will be an auction. Marc 1st and Tom 2nd . The table represents the ACFNO.
Auction items include the following:
- 1. Kevin Belton autographed cookbook
- 2. Gift certificate to Gumbo Stop for $80.00
- 3. Chef jacket from Kelly and Abide
- 4. NOCS certificate for demo class
- 5. $25 gift certificate to Brazilian Market and Café
- 6. Chef Knife donated from Jon Petrie at Sodexho
- Rickey will have bags ready on Monday and complete them before the aprons.
- Matt – we are planting seeds for membership with the Auction table.
- Chris will be cooking inside and outside. T warned him to bring fire extinguisher.
- Anastasia has check for 2 tickets and so does Chris.
- Ruth has demo for the May meeting on May 6.
- Meeting adjourned at 5:09. 1 st by Ruth and 2 nd by Matt.
Respectfully submitted by:
Mary P Bartholomew, PhD, CCE