American Culinary Federation New Orleans Chapter Agenda
- Call to Order and Welcome by Chef Leon West, President, at 4:12.
- Pledge of Allegiance was recited by all.
- Culinarians Code – Chef Ruth Varisco, CCE, CEPC read the Culinarians Code.
- Attendance – Mary Bartholomew, Ruth Varisco, Tom Beckmann, Mark Springfloat, Marcus Bankston, Matthew Guillory, Robert Failla, Ron Iafrate, Frank Sclafani, , Larry Delhaussaye, Greyze Vieina, Anatasia Joyner, Joseph Accomando, Leon West, Harold Bartholomew, Rowland Joyner.
- Reading and Approval of Minutes – Dr. Mary Bartholomew, CCE, read the minutes. They were accepted – by 1st Ruth Varisco, and 2nd Tom Beckmann, approved unanimously.
- Reports from Officers & Standing Committees:
- Presidents report – Chef Leon – National called and asked why our chapter is not growing
- Treasurer – Chef Tom Beckmann now has the check book and his name and signature are on the account. He also has the debit card. He will set up a spreadsheet to summarize all three accounts with categories for tracking expenditures.
- Membership – Chef Matthew – no new info. Roundtable– Chef Leon – ACF National trend, want a report for recruits to build up the entire ACF. Tom – are there any forms of marketing? Is there any carrot to entice others to join? Frank – In past chefs needed certification and a lot of participation such as Lamb Society gave a boning knife. Tom will follow up for Dawn Busters. Ron – Years ago, you were given CEUs. DCC professors don’t attend meetings. Leon – We should have an educational piece at each meeting.We had asked Vance to be on the National ACF conference, but he did not participate. Ruth – Nunez had 23 students working National convention. Leon – maybe Maple Leaf Duck will do a demonstration at the meetings. But we need more people to come to meetings. Tom – Main corporations are asking for certified chefs. Ruth – marketing is needed for recruitment. Marcus – everyone knows a chef, invite them. Tell them about educational pieces. Ruth – we could ask the Lamb board to do a demo and pay for the product that they demo. Robert – Maybe we should pay for demos. Mark – A guest chef artist contract and a stipend would help with the demos. Ron – Set aside budget for Advertising. Ron made the motion for an advertising budget. Tom 1st ; Ruth 2nd , all were in favor. Ron – attach meeting minutes on email invitation/reminder. Robert – This is an optimum time to meet and network. Matt – Instead of marketing to executive chefs, target line cooks.
- Educational Piece – Butchering workshop lead by “Chef Roland Joyner”
*** With Numbers We Can Do Wonders ***
Respectfully submitted by:
Mary P Bartholomew, PhD, CCE