American Culinary Federation New Orleans Chapter Agenda
- Call to Order and Welcome Chef Leon West called meeting to order at 4:01.
- Pledge of Allegiance was recited by all.
- Culinarians Code – Chef Ruth Varisco, CCE, CEPC read the Culinarians Code.
- Attendance – Mary Bartholomew, Leon West, Stanley Everage, Jon Petrie, Patrick Pannea, Richard Drummond, Mark Haffner, Mark Springfloat, Anastasia Joyner, Ruth Varisco.
- A Survey was sent out to all members to find out if they were interested in a Christmas party. Only 7 members responded.
- Reports from Officers and Standing Committees –
- Membership – No new members. Ruth – there should be a way to see when a membership is expiring. Tom – There should be a comment why this person is leaving (a postmortem). Jon – National should be very interested in the postmortem. Tom – maybe we are targeting the wrong people; maybe we should target the food enthusiasts. Chris – The James Beard House invites chefs and have dinner at the House. Ruth – our marketing is not effective. Jon – in my day, we wanted to be like our mentors. Its not just a local problem, its National. They should rebrand. Marcus – I can get 40 chefs from Baton Rouge. They have not had a meeting in 6 months. Maybe they can attend by Skye. Jon – some of the Best Chefs should do a monthly demo.
- Motion – Set up a Marketing, Membership and Media committee; Ruth 1st, Tom 2nd, all were in favor. Committee chair: Marcus; Co-chair: Tom; Matt: ex-officio. Include Jay and Ruth will volunteer.
- Treasurer – Tom – Total $70,338
- New Business:
- Childhood Nutrition, Paula and Greyze volunteered and children participated in rainbow taste test. Pictures did not turn out well.
- The Kiwanis Turkey fry will be at 4440 Yale Street. The Pipefitters Steel Union.
- Tom – There is a new outdoor kitchen in the Botanical Gardens of City Park. Maybe ACFNO could to do something in the spring. There is room for 40 Folks to sit down.
- ACFNO needs a roll-up sign Banner.
- Mediterranean restaurant seeks a chef / manager and full and part-time line and prep cooks. Inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org with resume attached.
- Chef of the year nominations are due.
- Minutes of October were read. Marcus 1st and Ruth 2nd. All in favor.
- Adjournment – Meeting adjourned at 5:24. Matt 1st, Ruth 2nd
***Educational piece: Chef Matt will demonstrate Aqua Faba.
Respectfully submitted by:
Mary P Bartholomew, PhD, CCE