American Culinary Federation New Orleans Chapter Agenda
- Call to Order and Welcome Chef Leon West called meeting to order at 5:30.
- Pledge of Allegiance was recited by all.
- Culinarians Code – Chef Ruth Varisco, CCE, CEPC read the Culinarians Code.
- Attendance – Elizabeth Alphonse, Elena Hodges, Tom Beckmann, Marc Bankston, James Kilgore, Stanley Everage, Jon Petrie, Greyze Vieira, Paula Sanchez, Mike Haffner, Lois Hanemann, Mary Sonnier, Greg Sonnier, Lenny Minutillo, Jr., Anatasia Joyner, Leon West, Mary Bartholomew, Chris Hayes, Matt Guillory, Ruth Varisco, Mark Springfloat
- Introductions – everyone introduced themselves and said where they worked.
- Reading and Approval of Minutes – Dr. Mary Bartholomew, CCE, corrected by Chef Ruth – educational piece was hand modeled sugar flowers.
- Reports from Officers and Standing Committees –
- President’s Report – Chef Leon reported that Mark and Jon will chair the legends committee, especially request Susan Spicer as Anniversary Legend. The committee for sponsorship is Chefs Tom and Leon.
- Treasurer – Chef Tom Beckmann reported that the ACFNO has a total of $71,536.34. Jon moved to accept as 1st and Marc as 2nd . All accepted.
- Membership – Chef Matthew Guillory reported on the Olive Mass that was held for food service and hospitality workers. Chefs Ruth, Matt and Jan participated in a panel discussion. Supporting community events such as the Olive Mass will increase our exposure and ACFNO’s standing in the community.
- Other Reports – None
- Old Business – None to report.
- New Business:
- hef Paula spoke about “No Child Hungry Day” which is October 16. Dawn Busters Kiwanis will install 5 grow towers in 5 schools in Jefferson Parish. Greyze, Sal and Paula present the rainbow taste test at Adams school. Chef Leon will get produce donated for presentation.
- The Friends of City Park has a new outdoor kitchen and they would like for the ACFNO to become involved. Paula has the contact and will send to Board. The contact is Jennifer Montgomery, Special Events and Marketing Coordinator, Friends of City Park, office-504-483-9376, fax – 504-483-9429, email – email@example.com
- Chef Chris Hayes has in-laws that were hit hard by Hurricane Dorian in the Bahamas. He will leave this Friday to take a U-Haul of supplies to Ft. Lauderdale, where the supplies will be shipped to the Bahamas. Chef Chris may be reached at 318-573-5255 or at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to donate supplies. Click Here to view his Hurricane Dorian Amazon Wishlist that will let you purchase donations to be sent directly to the hurricane victims.
- Adjournment – Meeting adjourned at 6:02. 1st – Jon, 2nd – Leon
***Educational piece: Gnocchi workshop by Chef Tom Beckmann.
Respectfully submitted by:
Mary P Bartholomew, PhD, CCE