American Culinary Federation New Orleans Chapter Agenda
- Call to Order and Welcome Chef Leon West called meeting to order at 5:30.
- Pledge of Allegiance was recited by all.
- Culinarians Code – Chef Ruth Varisco, CCE, CEPC read the Culinarians Code.
- Attendance – Mary Bartholomew, Leon West, Mark Springfield, Greyze Vieira, T Walden, Ruth Varisco, Anastasia Joyner, Rowland Joyner and Elisabeth Alphonso.
- It was decided since there may be some issues with the Nicholls students attending the monthly meeting, the time for meetings will resume to 4:00 pm.
- *Best Chefs 2020 – Vivian Jour will be the 2020 Best Chefs chair for the Ten-Year Celebration. NOWFE moved their event weekend to March 19-22. We voted to move the 2020 Best Chefs Event to March 31. The event will be held at the University of New Orleans Student Center Ballroom. Previous Legends will be contacted to participate in the 2020 Best Chefs. Susan Ford will be contacted to run a feature in the Nov/Dec magazine.
- Nunez Community College – Chef Ruth introduced the student that won the scholarship for this year. Elizabeth Alphonso is a second semester student studying culinary arts at Nunez Community College. Congratulations Elizabeth!
- Next meeting is scheduled for October 7.
- Meeting adjourned at 6:00.
***Educational piece: Chef Ruth Varisco gave a demonstration with fondant
roses. Chefs were able to practice rose making.
Respectfully submitted by:
Mary P Bartholomew, PhD, CCE